Rinner and his team work on the analysis, design and evaluation of pervasive networked embedded systems. Their research focuses on smart camera and sensor networks, autonomous aerial (UAV) networks and resource coordination in networks. The research methods include modeling and simulation, sensor data analysis and machine learning, and prototyping of embedded platforms as well as system-level software. Research prototypes have been applied in traffic monitoring, first responder support, privacy protection and surveillance.
- Smart camera networks
- Multi-drone systems
- Secure and privacy-aware cameras
- Self-awareness in sensor networks
- Design of digital systems (in German)
- Introductory lab: Pervasive computing (in German)
- Pervasive computing (lecture and lab)
- Sensor networks (lecture and lab)
- Digital signal processors (lecture and lab)
And several seminars and student projects.