Elmenreich and his team work on the design, modeling, and analysis of solutions for future energy applications. Big challenges like the transition of our energy system to a smart, low-carbon emitting approach require an interdisciplinary research approach. The group, composed of engineers, computer scientists, and physicists is engaged in research on self-organizing systems, complex systems, communication networks and computational intelligence for this purpose.
- Engineering self-organizing systems
- Non-intrusive load monitoring
- Smart microgrids
- Smart Grids
- Simulation of networked systems
- Smart cities – Technology, management & governance
- Introduction to sustainable development
- Modelling and simulation of energy systems
And several seminars and student projects.